The resurrection story is still the best news anyone can hear at anytime on any day. I was reminded last night at our Saturday night service that Christ took the "sting" of death for me. I instantly traveled back 12 years, hearing the words from my dying husband that he was "kinda excited" for heaven. And why wouldn't he be?! Death had no sting for him for Christ bore it for him on the cross. What an excellent reminder for me!
This past week has been one of reflection but not always on the balanced, healthy side. My ever-present battle is to keep my eyes on Christ and to seek and desire Him above everything else. So today, I will chose to do just that even though my girls and their families are not with me. There is so much to praise God for if I just take the time and look.
A blessed Resurrection Day to all.
Katie and Steve’s Wedding Video
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment